Last Updated: July 5, 2016
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Synect collects information you voluntarily provide and other information as described below. If you sign up for services or request more information, Synect may ask you to provide information about you, your business, and others you add to your account. This information typically includes name, company name, address, email address, phone number and, for certain services, may include your photograph or a user-identifying image.
COLLECTION OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you access the Services, Synect automatically collects certain information about your computer or device and use of the Services by that computer or device. For example, Synect collects information about the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to the Services. Synect may also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Synect uses industry standard technologies to collect this information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps improve your user experience. Synect may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on a website or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Synect will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the Google statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personal information of users of our Services. Google states that it will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Synect will not, and Google states that it will not, seek to link an IP address with the identity of a computer or device user. We will not associate any data gathered from the Services with any personal information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our Services.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Synect may use the information collected for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring the Services are relevant to your needs and to making the Services easier for you to use;
- Improving the Services, and providing general analytics regarding use of the Services; and
- Delivering products and services, including newsletters and email notifications, confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages that you request or purchase, and processing payments that you have agreed to make for those products and services.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do their work such as providing customer support, processing payments, and storing data (e.g. Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Cloud Services). Any third-party vendor so used has agreed to protect the confidentiality of information provided by Synect;
- if required to do so by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or court order or in the good-faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to protect Synect rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, or sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Synect and its vendors use reasonable efforts including a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We use technology that is designed for use with secure web servers. Personal information resides in a database behind a firewall where it cannot be accessed without proper authorization. Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology encrypts your personal information as it is transmitted over the Internet.
Synect will retain your information for as long as necessary to provide you services and to answer any inquires that you may have regarding Synect products and services. If you no longer want Synect to use your information please contact Synect at firstname.lastname@example.org. Synect will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with Synect legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce Synect agreements.
It is our intent not to collect information from or about children. If you are under 18 years of age, you should not use the Services.
U.S. – E.U. PRIVACY[ARM1]
For personal information of employees, consumers and customers that Synect receives from European Union member countries, Synect shall not transfer personally identifiable information out of the European Union.
Synect shall inform an individual of the purpose for which it collects and uses the personal information. Synect does not disclose such information to non-agent third parties. The individual may ask Synect to delete the individual’s personal information (opt out) from Synect’s records. Removal may result in the loss of services to the individual or the individual’s organization.
DISCLOSURES TO THIRD PARTIES
Synect shall take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Synect has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, Synect does not guarantee the security of Information on or transmitted via the Internet.
Synect shall only process personal information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, Synect shall take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
Synect shall allow individuals to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information by sending their request by email to email@example.com, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.
CHANGES TO POLICY
Attn: John Diamond
14939 NE 95th St, Redmond, WA 98052